Can you get paid to travel the world? Is that even possible? Taking a vacation is nearly unachievable especially when there is a constraint on the budget and now this, taking a vacation that pays off after you return home?
Don’t be surprised when you come to know that there are indeed jobs that pay off even when you are on holiday mode. And they do pay a handsome amount which can continue to fund one’s desire of being a wanderlust travelling the world.
But don’t be in a haste to quit your job before making any plans. As Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, puts it, “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” Planning is essential before setting off on your trail. Being impulsive and going after short-term gratification compared to setting out with a plan and build slowly on it is ill-advised.
Perhaps, before you jump into the bandwagon and join these so-called entrepreneurs, you might want to take a break and enjoy a paid vacation plus make money while you’re on holiday too. It’s amazing, right?
But first things first, file for leave and go for it. Whether you intend to chase your dream of travelling to places or you just want to take a break from work, it is all good or you want to earn while away from your 9-to-5 job.
Here are a few pointers you might want to check if you’re seriously considering getting paid to travel.
- Find out your skills that others would gladly pay you for. If you love to write articles, some companies or entrepreneurs are looking out for skilled writers. Or you can also earn a commission through affiliate marketing by promoting other people’s products. Just to name a few.
- Monetize your hobby. If you have a knack of creating something into pieces of jewelry or homemade arts like vases, pottery, you can sell them on Etsy or Amazon. You can launch your e-commerce business.
- Check out some websites which offer jobs that won’t take you from your holiday time, like, dog sitting or babysitting. There are a few services where you can stay in their villas for free while the owners are away but you need to take charge of their pets. That way, your hotel is also taken care of.
- Uber/ Lyft Driver. If you enjoy driving around and might want to make some extra cash while you’re at it, consider downloading the app and registering on it. Who knows this could turn into your side hustle job too?
- Be a Mentor. If you find friends, colleagues coming to you often and asking you to help them out, and you love coming up with solutions on their problems, you might want to capitalize on it.
These are only a few mentioned, there are tons of things that you can do and get paid to travel. As you embark on this journey, you might end up in a whole new perspective on how to start your own business while still holding a 9-to-5 job.